Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No need to worry

Dear friends and family,

By this point, most of you are probably aware that there has been a bit of chaos here in Israel. I understand that Israel has been making the front cover of the newspaper for the past few days. Well, I just want you all to know that even though the newspapers make it sound scary, we are JUST FINE here in Israel. I am not near Gaza, where the actual bombing is happening. The rockets that the Palestinians have been shooting have only a 40 km range, and since Yerushalayim is far out of that range, I am in no danger from those rockets. I won't be going anywhere near where the rockets can reach, I promise. I admit that the danger of Palestinian retaliation in the form of suicide bombing is always there, but there is always danger wherever you live, and I'm going to be careful about avoiding crowded places until this stuff dies down. So, my dears, please don't feel like you need to worry AT ALL. All is well. :-)

2 comments:

A said...

I know I said I wasn't going to worry, but I'm still going to worry a little.

Rachel said...

I'll allow a little bit of worry, Mandy, but no more than that!