Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shalom!

Dear friends,

Here I am in Yerushalayim, just starting to settle in. I arrived yesterday after a long flight...lots of crying babies on the plane meant very little sleep. That's OK, though. I met a girl on the plane who told me, "It doesn't matter where you're from. If you're a Jew in Israel, you're home." Thank GD! I've arrived in my spiritual home. :-)

I arrived in Har Nof yesterday, and today is Yom HaAtzmaut, Israeli Independence Day. From my balcony in my new apartment, we had an incredible view of the celebratory fireworks...amazing. A beautiful welcome!

My first day was great. It was only a half day because of the holiday, and all the levels of classes were together to listen to classes about the formation of Israel. I'd never learned much of it, so I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'll be diving into the regular courses...I'm excited about that. Today, I'm just going to relax and enjoy being back in Yerushalayim.

Love,
Rachel

No comments: